Adaptive bitrate streaming (Transcoding) is available only in the higher-end versions of Livebox.
Create both output and input server channels in Livebox.
- Go to Manage Channels from the navigation menu. Under manage channels, click Transcoding.
- Stream your source using an encoder of your preference.
- A Transcoding page opens up and you can select your Input channel by clicking the drop-down menu given in the Select a Channel option.
- In Output Channels, select the channel where the video has to be transcoded. Then give Turn ON near transcoding.
- Once you give the turn on, new options for transcoding shows up, where you can set the Preset. And then click Save.
Note: Livebox will generate both Transcode Output URL and Transcode Embed Code.
- After clicking save, give Service Restart to get your changes applied.
Now you have to stream a source using any encoder of your preference.
So go to Manage Channels from the Livebox navigation menu and copy the Streaming RTMP URL and Stream Key of your Input channel and use it on your encoder stream settings.
- Start the live stream. And then go to the Livebox Dashboard where you can check the transcoding quality of your output channel near the bottom right corner.
- To check RTMP stats of your streaming channel go to the Viewers Report.
- In RTMP stats it shows audio and video bitrate of both output and input channels.
- And when you embed the output channel streams on your website, you can copy the Transcode Embed URL to publish the live stream on your website.
Note: Through the Transcode Embed URL, you can publish the streaming content along with the transcode video quality.
You are successful in your Transcoding streaming!
Happy to help!