The Instacast Converter converts the video streaming sources in HTTP and RTMP protocols to UDP streams for broadcast.
To start the conversion of streaming video sources,
- Turn ON the device.
- Get the IP address that is visible on your device touchscreen.
- Now access the device interface on your browser using the IP address.
- Get the Hardware Key and Device ID from your device interface and send it to the IVB7 support team through Email. The IVB7 team, in turn, will send you the License Key.
- Enter the License Key to get started with the Instacast Converter.
- Once you activate the device by entering the License Key, you’ll be directed to the Instacast Converter login page.
- Log in using the credentials provided by the IVB7 team.
- Once you log in, connect to your Internet network through Wi-Fi or LAN option.
- Now back on the Converter settings, select a preset.
- Enter your RTMP source link on the Source option.
- Then enter your Multicast UDP URL on the Destination option. (Example for Multicast UDP URL, UDP://184.108.40.206:5001?pkt_size=1316)
- Then click the Start button.
- The streaming video conversion will begin within a few seconds.
(The below image is the illustration of the Instacast Converter device touchscreen once after the device is activated. You also control the Start/Stop activity of the Instacast converter right from the device touchscreen.)
Now to check the video conversion of HTTP/RTMP to UDP streams,
- Open your VLC media player and click the Media menu.
- Under Media, go to Open Network Stream.
- Then enter your Multicast UDP URL and click the Play button. ( Add “@” to your UDP URL just like how it is given on the below image.)
- And you can know that your RTMP streaming video is successfully converted as UDP streams when the video plays on the VLC media player.
You are successful in converting your streaming video source.