To create a video conference mobile app,
- Go to the Livebox App Store.
- Install the APK Builder app.
- Click the Create an App button under the Livebox Video Conference specification.
- Give a Name for your App, then enter the Display Name and App Description.
- Then browse and set your app icon and logo.
- Then finally click on the Generate App.
- Your app creation process begins and when it says at the end like Click the below button to download APK, click on the Download APK button.
- The app gets downloaded to your PC downloads in the zip file format. So, extract the file.
- In the unzipped file, you can use the Testing.apk to test the app on your device and Release.apk to upload your app to the play store.
Now, finish the app installing process on your mobile device.
- Then get into your brand-new app from your mobile device.
- Set your chat name and click the Join button.
- To invite your peers to the video call, you can just send the link, so that, they can join you from anywhere.
And within a few seconds, you can join on a video call with your peers irrespective of the place and distance.
- Go to User & Roles from the navigation menu.
- Under Custom User, go to Add Role.
- In Add Role, click on the Create Role button.
- A dialog box Add Role opens, where you can give the role name.
- Then select API Access.
- Under API Access, select Video Conferencing option.
- Once you select the Video Conferencing option, select all the required permissions.
- And click Save.
And a role for the API permission will be created.
- Now go to Add User column and click on the Create User button.
- A dialog box Add User opens. Enter the name of the user (customer) that your are going to lend this API permission.
- Then set a password for your user.
- And now, near the Role option, click the drop-down menu to select the role you have created.
- Once you select the Role, you will be provided further more options.
- So, you can set the Video Conference Limit and then Select Mode.
Note: The Production mode is secure one when compared to the Testing Mode. So you can select Testing Mode when in the case of any testing purpose otherwise, it is preferable to select the Production Mode.
- If you select the Production Mode, you will be further provided a few more options, where you have to enter the customer’s Development URL and Production URL. (You can get the Development URL and Production URL from your customer.)
Development URL– you can enter the domain URL of the customer’s local host i.e, the domain from where the app is generated.
Production URL– you can enter the URL of the domain to where the customer prefers to move the production app.
- Then click the Create button.
The API permission for your customer is created. So now, you can send the Username, Password, Server Secret Key, Native App Key and also Production URL and Development URL (for confirmation purpose) to your customer.
You can also send the below link as documentation help for your customer to get started with the video conferencing app.
While creating a video conference chatroom, you have the option to enable app authentication for the login purpose.
There are four different ways to enable login authentication for you app users,
- Allow Signup
- Allow Unauthenticated User
- Username and Password
- Pin Number
After enabling any of these options, you have to provide the conference URL link to your users so that they Sign up/Login to use the app.
If you enable the Allow Signup option, then the user themselves can sign up to use the video conferencing app through the provided URL link.
- After selecting the Allow Sign Up option, you have to set the Preset i.e, the options inside the video conferencing app. (The options that you enable/disable for your users.)
- On enabling the Allow signup option, the user will get the sign Up option on the login interface.
- The user has to register by giving their proper details.
- And when every user sign up, their names will be added on your conference user list.
ALLOW UNAUTHENTICATED USER
This option enables users to use the app even as a guest.
- After selecting the Allow Unauthenticated User option, you have to set the Preset.
- If you enable this option, then there will be Login as Guest option on the login interface.
- The user can get to use the app just by providing their name.
USERNAME AND PASSWORD
- On enabling this option, you have to manually create your user.
- After creating your user, you can provide the credentials to your user so that they can login to use the app.
On enabling this option, the user can login the app using the provided Pin Number.
Note: You’ll get the Pin Number while creating your user.
It is required for the admin to create their own user credentials. So, if you’re the admin, you can go further by creating your user details.