On the Livebox Live Radio app, you can host your own radio station and go on air just like any other professional radio broadcaster.
So to create your radio station,
- Install Live Radio app from the Livebox app store.
- On the Live Radio dashboard, scroll down to the Station Overview.
- Click the Add Station button.
- Fill the station profile details.
- Then click on the Save Changes button.
- Your radio station will be created and you can click the Manage button to proceed with your first broadcasting experience.
- Walkthrough your radio station profile.
- You can also enable the Song Requests and Streamers/DJs option.
Now to add music files,
- Go to Music Files from the navigation menu.
- Click the Select File button and you’ll be provided the access to select your music files.
- Select and add your music files.
- And your music files will be added.
Now you have to create a Playlist out of the music files you have added.
- So, select the songs that you want to add in your playlist.
- Then under the Set Playlists menu, give a name for your playlist and click Save.
- And the playlist will be created and you’re all set to begin your first live radio broadcast.
- Now you can start to proceed with your live radio broadcasting.
- You can install BUTT Streaming software to help you with the radio broadcasting on your stations.
Now to grab the attention of listeners to your radio station,
- You can provide Public Page link on your websites or even send it through Email.
- This is how your listeners get in touch with your station broadcasts using the provided public page link.
- In the case, if you want to publish your radio broadcasts on your website/blogs, you can use the Player Embed Code to embed your radio streams on all your web-based platforms.
- When publishing on any of your WordPress websites, you can just go to the Add New Post page, select the Custom HTML block under the Formatting option and paste the copied Player Embed Code.
- Finally, publish your radio broadcast on your site so that your viewers can now enjoy your radio facet right away from your official blogs/website.
Have a successful Radio Streaming journey with Livebox!
- Install BUTT streaming software on your PC.
(BUTT is a multi-operating system client broadcaster. The software is compatible with Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.)
- Now back on the Live Radio app, create your Station.
- Create a Streamer DJ account on the Live Radio app.
- Make sure that you have enabled your SHOUTcast/Icecast Port on the Settings.
- Select the Station to which you are broadcasting and set the SHOUTcast/Icecast port.
- Then Enable your port and Save the settings.
Note: To get your Port details, go to you Streamer DJ account.
- Then go to Streamer/DJ Accounts from the navigation menu.
- And here you’ll be getting your Icecast/SHOUTCast V1 clinets details.
- Now go to the BUTT streaming software.
- Click the Settings button.
- A dialog box opens, where under under the Main menu, you’ll get the Server Settings.
- To add your Server, click the ADD button.
- A dialog box Add Server opens, where you can fill your server details.
- To get your server details, go to Streamer/DJ Accounts from the Live Radio’s navigation menu.
- On the Streamer/DJ Accounts, you can get your server details under Connection Information.
- So back on your BUTT settings, enter your name, select your type and then give your server address and port.
(The below illustration is applicable only when you are using SHOUTcast client details)
(The below illustration is applicable only when you are using Icecast client details)
- Now to get your password i.e, if you are the admin of this app, then you can go back to your station profile.
- On your profile under Broadcasting Service, you can get your source password.
- Back again on the BUTT settings, enter the password.
- After entering your details, click the ADD button.
- Your server settings will be added.
- Finally you click the Save button.
Once the information has been saved, a Connection established message will appear along with a configuration summary. You can now go on with your radio broadcasting by clicking on Play.
Once you are connected, a timer will displayed. That’s it, you’re now broadcasting!
- Go to Apps Dashboard from Apps from the navigation menu.
- Then from the Apps Dashboard, go to App Store.
- Open your Live Radio app.
- On the right side, click on the Settings button.
- A dialog box settings open, where you can change your SHOUTcast/Icecast client Port number and then click the drop-down menu to enable it.
- After enabling the port number you have entered, click the arrowed button to apply changes to the server.
Note: In the case if you don’t know where to get your Live Radio SHOUTcast/Icecast port details,
- Go to Streamer/DJ Accounts from your Live Radio app’s navigation menu.
- And on Streamer/DJ Accounts page, you can get your SHOUTcast/Icecast details under Connection information.
To create streamer/DJ account,
- Go to your Live Radio app.
- Go to your station in which you are going to create a streamer/DJ.
- Then from your station profile navigate to Streamer/DJ Accounts.
- On the Streamer/DJ Accounts, click the ADD STREAMER button.
- Now you can set an username and password for your Streamer/DJ and then click the Save Changes button.
- The Streamer/DJ account will be created.
You can pass on the credential details to your Streamer/DJ so that they start conducting streaming and web DJ through their account.