The Livebox has now integrated the App Store to browse and to install the corporate business applications within the server. So, it is now possible to download and to install the apps that will essentially enhance the live streaming scope through the Livebox streaming server.
To go to the App Store,
- Click on the Apps from the navigation menu.
- The Apps Dashboard page opens. Now click on Go to the app store menu located next to the Refresh button.
- In the Apps page, you can see the number of apps placed that are ready for the download.
- To Install an app, click on the Install button.
- A notification Are you sure want to install? popup, and you can click on OK.
- The app starts to get downloaded.
- Once the app is finished downloading, the installation process starts.
- Now the app is installed to the server.
- You get started with your installed app by clicking on the Open option. And at any time you can uninstall the app right from the apps page.
- To Uninstall an app, just click on the Uninstall option.
- The app starts to get uninstalled.
- So, now the app is uninstalled and you can also install the app whenever you want.
Note: Installing apps to the server might consume CPU power and space storage. To resolve such issues stop the unused apps in the apps dashboard or even give clear cache in the Service Monitor.
- The dashboard contains the installed apps. You can check the apps status, CPU usage, memory usage, and size. Based upon the requirement the apps can also be stopped or started.
- To clear cache, go to Service Monitor from the navigation menu.
- And click on the Clear cache button located top right corner above the service table.
- Clearing cache can provide relief from the storage issues to only some extent. So it is always recommended to keep the unused apps in the stop to avoid storage or CPU power usage related issues.
By following these steps, you can successfully install and manage the apps on the Livebox streaming server.