To conduct Multi-Bitrate streaming using Wirecast,
Create your channel in Livebox.
Then go to Manage Channels from the navigation menu. Under manage channels select Multi-Bitrate.
- In Multi-bitrate page, select your channel and Turn On Multi-Bitrate.
- Once your Turn On Multi-bitrate, a new preset options will appear. You can set the required resolution and click Save.
Note: You also have options to edit or set your required preset.
- Once you click save, RTMP URL for your resolution gets listed below. Make a note of the required RTMP link and give Save.
- After clicking save, give Service Restart to get your changes applied.
- Now go to the Wirecast main window, and click the icon to add your source.
- Many options to add your source appears.
- To capture and add your USB webcam source, you can click the option Video Capture and to stream live your local files, click the Add Media File option and select your local files.
- Your source is added. As you wanted to live stream click the icon to push your source to Live Broadcast Area.
- After pushing your source to live broadcast area, click Output located at the top left side.
- Under the output’s pulled-down menu, click Output Settings.
- A Select an Output Destination dialog box opens, where choose your destination as RTMP Server and click OK, and a new output setting tab opens.
- Now it’s time to use the URL of the required resolution you have noted in the Livebox Multi-bitrate settings.
- Copy-paste the URL in the Address box and enter the stream key in Stream bar and give OK.
Note: To know how to get a stream key from the copied URL link, refer to the illustration below.
(The highlighted part of the streaming URL is the Stream key)
- Now click the stream icon from the top left side to start streaming.
- To check your live stream go to Livebox Channel Dashboard and preview your source.
- And you can also check your video resolution on the bottom right side of the player.
Then go to Viewers Report to check the RTMP stats of your streaming channel. It shows audio and video bitrate of your channel.
You have successfully done your Multi-Bitrate streaming using Wirecast.