To conduct Multi-Bitrate streaming using OBS,
Create your channel in Livebox.
Now to Manage Channels from the navigation menu. Under manage channels select Multi-Bitrate.
In Multi-Bitrate page, select your channel and Turn On multi-bitrate.
Once you turn on Multi-Bitrate, new Preset options will appear. You can set the required resolution and click Save.
Note: You also have options to edit or set your required preset.
- Once you click save, RTMP URL for your resolution gets listed below. Make a note of the required RTMP link and give Save.
- After clicking save, give Service Restart to get your changes applied.
- Now go to OBS studio and click the icon from the tab Source.
- A pop-up menu with the listed options will show up. From the listed options select Media source.
- A dialog box Create/Select Source gets opened where you can name and set as per your requirements and then click OK.
- After clicking OK, a dialog box Properties for Media Source gets opened. In Properties for Media Source, select the required options for your streaming and then click Browse.
- Once you click to browse you get accessed to your local files where you can browse and select your source. Then Click OK and your source is added.
- Go to OBS studio and select Settings under the menu Controls.
- A whole Setting tab will be opened and click Stream.
- By clicking Stream, a new page with an empty URL bar and stream key bar get opened where the copied URL link has to be pasted.
- For the Stream key, you can obtain it from the copied URL link itself.
Note: To know how to get a stream key from the copied URL link, refer to the illustration below.
(The highlighted part of the streaming URL is the Stream key)
- Now click the option Start streaming under the menu Controls.
- Then go to Livebox and click Manage channels from the navigation menu and under manage channels select Channel Dashboard and click Play to preview your video.
- And you can also check your video resolution on the bottom right side of the player.
- Then go to Viewers Report to check the RTMP stats of your streaming channel. It shows audio and video bitrate of your channel.
You have successfully done your Multi-Bitrate streaming using OBS Studio.