Adaptive bitrate streaming (Transcoding) is available only in the higher-end versions of Livebox.
- Create both output and input server channels in Livebox.
- Now to Manage Channels from the navigation menu. Under manage channels, click Transcoding.
- A Transcoding page opens up and you can select your Input channel by clicking the drop-down menu on the Select a Channel option.
- In Output Channels, select the channel where the video has to be transcoded. Then give Turn on near transcoding.
- Once you give the turn on, new options for transcoding shows up, where you can set the Preset. And then click Save.
Note: Livebox will generate both Transcode Output URL and Transcode Embed Code.
- After clicking save, give Service Restart to get your changes applied.
Then go to the Wirecast main window, and click the icon to add your source.
Many options to add your source appears.
To capture and add your USB webcam source, you can click the option Video Capture and to stream live your local files, click the Add Media File option and select your local files.
Your source is added. As you wanted to live stream click the icon to push your source to Live Broadcast Area.
After pushing your source to live broadcast area, click Output located at the top left side.
Under the output’s pulled-down menu, click Output Settings.
A Select an Output Destination dialog box opens, where choose your destination as RTMP Server and click OK, and a new output setting tab opens.
Now go to Manage Channels from the Livebox navigation menu and copy the Streaming RTMP URL and Stream Key of your Input channel.
Then paste the RTMP Streaming URL in the Address box and enter the stream key in Stream bar and give OK.
Now click the stream icon from the top left side to start streaming.
- Now go to the Livebox Dashboard where you can check the transcoding quality of your output channel near the bottom right corner.
- To check RTMP stats of your streaming channel go to the Viewers Report.
- In RTMP stats it shows audio and video bitrate of both output and input channels.
- And when you embed the output channel streams on your website, you can copy the Transcode Embed URL to publish the live stream on your website.
Note: Through the Transcode Embed URL, you can publish the streaming content along with the transcode video quality.
You are successful in your Transcoding streaming using Wirecast!
Happy to help!