Secure Socket Layer certificates are digital files which provide privacy and security for both your servers and user’s personal information. When it is installed in your server, the protocol HTTP will change to HTTPs, so that it makes your server’s communications between a website and an internal browser encrypted and secure.
In Livebox streaming server you can generate your SSL certificates cost-free within a few steps.
Note: Renew your SSL certificates every 12 months.
- If your server isn’t secure, it will be indicated Not secure on the URL tab of your server.
- In order to secure your server, you have to enable SSL certificate and encrypt your server.
To enable your SSL certificate, go to,
Click Settings from the navigation menu.
Under settings, click Security, a new Privacy Settings page opens.
- In the Privacy Settings page click the generate icon to encrypt your server cost-free (generate a new SSL certificate).
- Once you click the generate, a dialog box Free SSL Certificate Form opens, select your domain name and give your mail ID.
- Then click the Secure this website button.
- To renew your SSL certificate, click on the renew icon.
- Enter your mail ID, and click on the Renew SSL Certificate button to renew your website SSL certificate.
- Your server is now encrypted.
- Go to the new tab of your browser and log in to your server.
- On the URL tab of your server, it shows https i.e. your server is secured.
- You can even click the lock icon to get more information about your server’s SSL certificate.
- And if you click on the Certificate, you can get your certificate information as well.
Note: If your website still shows the status Not secure, then go Service Monitor and restart your services.
By following these steps you can encrypt your server cost-free.
To protect your server from cyber-attacks, it is always recommendable to turn on privacy and security controls on your server. There are few privacy and security controls provided by Livebox server to keep your domain server safe and secure.
Protect from DDoS attack: If you turn on this setting, then you can keep your server safe from any targeted attacks which cause disruption to your services.
- Protect your TCP/IP ports: If you turn on this setting, then you can keep other ports closed or deny access to your server.
- Streaming Server Tokens: If you turn on this setting, then you can keep your server information closed to other sources.
Note: All these security settings are highly recommendable to keep your server safe and secure.
To enable privacy and security,
Go to Settings from the navigation menu.
Under settings, click on Security.
A Privacy Settings page opens, where click on Privacy Security.
In Privacy Security page turn on all the three options and click Save to get the privacy security settings applied to your server.
By enabling these settings, you can keep your Livebox streaming server safe and secure from cyber attacks.
To reset your channel password,
By following these steps you can change your channel password as you wish.
To reset your sub-user password,
A User & Roles
page opens. Go to Add User
and click the icon
to reset your sub-user password.
By following these steps you can reset your sub-user password.
It is the master admin who has the power to change the Livebox streaming server password. So hello master admin, to reset your server password please follow the below-listed steps.
Go to Settings from the navigation menu. Under settings click Security.
A Privacy Settings page opens, where you can enter your new username and password.
After confirming your password, click Reset.
You have now successfully changed your password. The next time you log in don’t forget to give your new username and password.
Reverse proxy settings are in-built in Livebox streaming server. To secure and to protect your server against white-labeling, and to get pretty URLs, enable the reverse proxy setting.
Changing reverse proxy settings may affect the functioning of the Livebox server. Hence, it is recommended to contact our support team before making changes in the reverse proxy settings. To enable the reverse proxy settings,
- Go to Settings from the navigation menu and click the HTTP Settings.
Note: If you have a high number of concurrent viewers, skip the reverse proxy settings for the player application alone.
It is now happening in Livebox also to stream your YouTube channel videos to your websites, blog sites, and other social media destinations.
To take through your YouTube videos and to popularize your business/organization,
- In YouTube channeID bar copy-paste your channel URL.
- In General settings, give Playlist name, Streaming URL, set Preset and Buffer Size.
- Then click Play to create your channel videos in the Livebox Autostream.
- Your channel is recreated in the Livebox Autostream as a playlist. All your YouTube channel videos get started to play consecutively.
- To preview your streams, go to your channel dashboard and preview your playlist.
You have successfully added your YouTube videos to the Livebox Autostream. Go ahead with popularising your brand, product, business/organization by streaming it live on social media/streaming platforms.
It is now workable in Livebox to stream multiple YouTube sources to the same destination/channel.
To stream two or more YouTube videos consecutively,
You have successfully created your Playlist from the multiple YouTube video links. You can now start streaming your playlist videos on social media destinations/streaming platforms.