To conduct Multi-Bitrate streaming using vMix,
- Create your channel in Livebox.
- Now to Manage Channels from the navigation menu. Under manage channels select Multi-Bitrate.
- In Multi-Bitrate page, select your channel and Turn On multi-bitrate.
- Once you turn on Multi-Bitrate, new Preset options will appear. You can set the required resolution and click Save.
Note: You also have options to edit or set your required preset.
- Once you click save, RTMP URL for your resolution gets listed below. Make a note of the required RTMP link and give Save.
- After clicking save, give Service Restart to get your changes applied.
- Go to vMix and click Add Input from the bottom left corner.
- A dialog box Input Select opens, where you can click Browse to add your source to vMix.
- After selecting your source, click OK. And your source is added.
- Then go to vMix and click Stream. A new dialog box Streaming Settings opens.
- Now it’s time to use the URL of the required resolution you have noted in the Livebox Multi-bitrate settings.
- Copy-paste the URL in the URL bar and then enter the stream key in Stream Name or Key bar and give Start.
Note: To know how to get a stream key from the copied URL link, refer to the illustration below.
(The highlighted part of the streaming URL is the Stream key)
- After giving a start, go to the vMix main page and click the icon to play your source.
- Now go to Livebox Channel Dashboard to preview your live streaming.
- And you can also check your video resolution on the bottom right side of the player.
- Then go to Viewers Report to check the RTMP stats of your streaming channel. It shows audio and video bitrate of your channel.
You have successfully done your Multi-Bitrate streaming using vMix.