Adaptive bitrate streaming (Transcoding) is available only in the higher-end versions of Livebox.
- Create both output and input server channels in Livebox.
- Then go to Manage Channels from the navigation menu. Under manage channels, click Transcoding.
- A Transcoding page opens up and you can select your Input channel by clicking the drop-down menu given in the Select a Channel option.
- In Output Channels, select the channel where the video has to be transcoded. Then give Turn On near transcoding.
- Once you give the turn on, new options for transcoding shows up, where you can set the Preset. And then click Save.
Note: Livebox will generate both Transcode Output URL and Transcode Embed Code.
- After clicking save, give Service Restart to get your changes applied.
Now go to vMix and click Add Input from the bottom left corner.
A dialog box Input Select opens, where you can click Browse to add your source to vMix.
After selecting your source, click OK. And your source is added.
Now go to the Livebox Channel Dashboard under Manage Channels from the navigation menu and click Streaming URL to copy the streaming RTMP URL of your Input channel.
Then go to vMix and click Stream. A new dialog box Streaming Settings opens, where you can enter the copied streaming URL in the URL tab and enter Stream name or Key. And then give Start.
After giving a start, go to the vMix main page and click the icon to play your source.
- Now go to the Livebox Dashboard where you can check the transcoding quality of your output channel near the bottom right corner.
- To check RTMP stats of your streaming channel go to the Viewers Report.
- In RTMP stats it shows audio and video bitrate of both output and input channels.
- And when you embed the output channel streams on your website, you can copy the Transcode Embed URL to publish the live stream on your website.
Note: Through the Transcode Embed URL, you can publish the streaming content along with the transcode video quality.
You are successful in your Transcoding streaming by using vMix!
Happy to help!